WELCOME


Thank you for wondering upon Part Time Poetry. All poems contained are my original work.
Thank you for taking your time to read them. Please feel free to comment.

Followers

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Home Coming 2003

thecraigreport.blogspot.com
The first high school dance
The only high school dance
I attended

I pass you in the hall way
There you are dressed
In blue like your eyes
We look at each other
Deep into our souls
We don’t speak

I dance with her
I keep gazing upon you
There is an awkwardness between us
You dance with him
Maliciously smiling

I too force
A smile acting like
I was having the time
Of my life
While you spin and twirl
A game we both played

She broke up with me
That night I cried
I thought of you

In the social circle
The next day rumors
Of sucking face
Drove me mad

I haven’t dated you
I would talk with you in lonely halls
But some how
I knew
I still know

You are my wife
I put that ring on
Your finger
It still shines like new

That night I danced with her
You danced with him
I knew I was destined
To be with you




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment...your thoughts and opinions are welcome