WELCOME


Thank you for wondering upon Part Time Poetry. All poems contained are my original work.
Thank you for taking your time to read them. Please feel free to comment.

Followers

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Love Is not Perfect


My love is not perfect
Far from
I took it for granted
Allowed it to shrivel and prune
The thorns larger than
The roses

Love is more
Than a feeling
But the feeling

                                                                         Is there

It’s a commitment
A selflessness
A painting that is
Never Finished

I have allot
Of learning
To do


Mixing
Black root beer
With
White Ice cream
Letting the two halves
Mix and become
One

Letting go
Of resentment
Knowing your fear
Was not a way
To control
Rather
A place of your love
For me
As my burn
Shows

Still allot
Of learning
To do

Maybe one day
My love
Will be perfect

I will be
Dead by
Then

But everyday
Little by little
I keep learning
Maybe one day
I will get there

Until that day
I will struggle
And yearn
And be
Forever thankful
That you are
At my side
Leading me

To the
Perfect love
That we
Share


5 comments:

  1. I love this. This is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do too. People have this notion that love is a noun. But really, it is an action word; a verb; something to nurture and appreciate and offer by doing. Many do not know this. My mother taught me this. Then my children, then my sweet husband, with little sprinkles of realization from a good man in front of a congregation. Keep up the great learning. Nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a verb...Love is action
      Thank you for the comment

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...your thoughts and opinions are welcome