WELCOME


Thank you for wondering upon Part Time Poetry. All poems contained are my original work.
Thank you for taking your time to read them. Please feel free to comment.

Followers

Monday, May 14, 2012

The Old Tree

I sat by the old tree
I begged it to tell me
The secrets it hides

The old tree just stood there
Unacknowledging my existence
I stood up
And pleaded with the old tree
“What does it take to be happy?”

It just stayed
Still, allowing its leafs to trickle down
I kicked
And yelled at the old tree
“Tell me what I need to know!”

The old tree was still ignoring me
Standing tall and proud
I got an ax
And chopped it down

The old tree was now in pieces
Its sap lay sticky on my hands
I made a fire
And burned the old trees limbs

The old tree finally was talking
It crackled and popped
Alas I could not understand
I lay there around its burn
Empty and warm
And looked up at the heavens




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment...your thoughts and opinions are welcome