WELCOME


Thank you for wondering upon Part Time Poetry. All poems contained are my original work.
Thank you for taking your time to read them. Please feel free to comment.

Followers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Apocalyptic


Fires burn across the valley

Smoke blisters the eyes                                                    
forbes.com

Strangles the throat

It feels apocalyptic



This year has brought

Great change

I see it all over



I don’t believe in the

Made up myth

Even if self-fulfilling story’s

Came to fruition

It would be business as usual



Change is hard, scary, and painful

It is the only constant

Its life



In those last moments

While my back lays

Sticky to black asphalt

When I take my last breath

Think my last thought

I want to know

I have loved  and lived

2 comments:

  1. I love this. It shows the nightmare of entering change. But I have to admit...everything that I have ever received in life that is good has been the direct result of change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is not always bad...it is hard....thank you for reading

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...your thoughts and opinions are welcome