WELCOME


Thank you for wondering upon Part Time Poetry. All poems contained are my original work.
Thank you for taking your time to read them. Please feel free to comment.

Followers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Reuben




Oh Reuben how you sit there

On the order out table

The heat lamps amplifying your features


                                                                                                     
I look into those two brown slices

Of rye bread

That melted Swiss cheese

Why do you insist on tempting me?



That smell of your peppered perfume

That radiant thousand island glow

That red corned beef dress



I want you

I want to bite your soft

Breaded like flesh

I want to digest you

Taste your sour center

Make you apart of me



I already ordered the salad

My belly is already full

I need to watch my weight



I just sit and stare

As you stare back

The orange lamps reflecting

Off your serving



Oh Reuben

They carry you off

To your destiny

Your future

That is not

My tummy








4 comments:

  1. That meat looks all read and "tissuey" Your poem paints more than the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...that picture thou...makes me hungry

      :)

      Delete

Please feel free to comment...your thoughts and opinions are welcome