WELCOME


Thank you for wondering upon Part Time Poetry. All poems contained are my original work.
Thank you for taking your time to read them. Please feel free to comment.

Followers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Cat Poem


She sits inside all day

Looking out the window

Content with just gazing

The thought of actually going outside

Does not cross her mind

Or so I think



She is perfectly content

Scratching her worn out grimy post

Burying her scat under the other two cats Excrement

Eating the same old tasteless

Odorless tanned bits of hard

Industrial waste everyday



Why can’t I be like that?

Just calm and pleasured?

My human condition drives me

To want more

More and more and more

To need to reach out and grab

Whatever it needs to grab

Unless I am too afraid



She is not like that

She is satisfied to sit by her window

Watching the birds mock her

With their solemn screams of freedom

While the house prevents her

From feeling the cool spring air

Smelling the green morning drenched grass

Putting her natural instinct to quite the mocking birds



Behind the glass she can stare

And stare and stare

Fall asleep

Defecate in the used filthy sand

Eating the insipid left over’s of humanity

While never wanting anything else



I left the dog door open yesterday

I hope you go through it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment...your thoughts and opinions are welcome