WELCOME


Thank you for wondering upon Part Time Poetry. All poems contained are my original work.
Thank you for taking your time to read them. Please feel free to comment.

Followers

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Connection

Connection is the most important
Part of being human

We connect with many things
But the most significant connection
Is with each other

When I talk to you
And you talk to me
And we can get along
Even with all of our problems
That is a beautiful thing

When you can support me
And I can support you
On interests that don’t interest us
That is a loving deed

When you become you
And I become me
And we put away our misery
Our lives open up
To each other
For each other

Yes we have our flaws
But making this work
Not for obligation
Not because we are afraid of the future
Not for anything else
We make this work
Because of our strong connection

And that connection
That is spectacular living

1 comment:

  1. Optimistic. As my dad says; we are social beings. When we are rejected, it is violence because of our nature. Connection is our nature, though often used as a weapon through its demise. Sad. But your poem is happy thoughts. I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...your thoughts and opinions are welcome